Reiki is Japanese for “Universal Life Force Energy”. It is a gentle, balancing energy that treats all levels of the human being – body, mind and spirit – to promote healing and restore wholeness. Reiki treatment can stand alone or it can be used as a loving, supportive complement to other forms of health care. It may have some or all of the following benefits:
- Easing pain and discomfort
- Reducing the effects of trauma and stress
- Increasing the effectiveness of the immune system
- Inducing a sense of calmness and balance
- Accelerating the body’s natural healing process
- Expanding one’s understanding of oneself and others
A traditional full-body treatment takes about one hour, although a session can be as long or as short as desired. Both client and practitioner remain fully clothed.
The effectiveness of Reiki healing does not depend upon one’s belief system; only on one’s willingness to receive the healing energy.